Source: Do YOU Want/Need a Life Coach?
Do YOU Want/Need a Life Coach?
By: Elizabeth Lewis: Life Coach/Relationship Coach/Author/Speaker
I get asked all the time, “Exactly what do you do with your clients?” or “Why do people hire you?” So, I decided to write a blog about this. The reasons for coaching are as different as my clients, but the common theme is that people want to move forward in some way in life or relationships. They are already successful/whole people but they want more joy, less stress, more fulfillment, more accountability, want to get more organized and/or help improving or to enhance relationships (dating, a romance, a family member, friends, etc). Some people just like learning new and different ways of thinking so getting a coach enhances their way of growing and BEing. As you move along in life, a great way to find out if you could benefit from working with me (or any Life Coach), is to take this quiz.
Answer yes or no to as many as pertain to where you are right now.
- Do you want more balance with work and home life?
- Do you need to think (and speak) more positively about yourself? About others? About life, in general?
- Would you like to move forward in a relationship?
- If you’re newly divorced, how to get whole first and know you’re ready before you navigate the dating world.
- If you’re dating, how to think about different perspectives in dating (especially if you’re dating the “next” time around). How to date off and online.
- If you’re in a relationship, how to keep moving forward.
- If you’re married, how to keep things positive and enriched?
- Do you need to be a more “On Purpose” Person throughout your day?
- Do you need to reorganize priorities after a big life event? (After retirement, empty nester, divorce, remarriage, etc.)
- Do you need to get more organized, de-clutter, find ways to get more energy?
- Do you need to strengthen your self-esteem, self-confidence or self-worth?
- Do you need more joy or happiness in your daily living?
- Do you need someone to keep you accountable with your goals and dreams? (With a little cheerleading to keep you pumped up!?)
- Would you like to be better at living in the present moment (and not in the past or future?)
- Would you like to improve your energy level, overall health and wellness through diet and exercise?
- Would you like to improve time management/ money management?
- Would you like to improve with parenting?
- Would you like a more spiritual life?
- Would you like to discover your passion and purpose?
If you answered YES to at least 3 of these, you could benefit GREATLY from hiring a life coach. If you choose me as your coach, I give a 15-min. free consultation to see if we’re a good fit for each other. If we are not, I have other life coaches to which I’d be happy to refer.
If you don’t live near me, no worries. I also coach over the phone, Skype or Facetime. You can still have a GREAT coaching experience over the phone.
I can coach anyone wanting to move forward in life; any age or stage in life. (I believe everyone needs a therapist and life coach. To learn the differences in the two, read to the end). My niche’ is working with people in any type of relationship. I LOVE my one-on-one clients because we can dive deep with events/thinking that pertains to THEM….
If you’d rather have a group experience, here are a few things I offer that you might want to take part….
- I host a Life, Love and Dating class. This is for any category of singleness (meaning not married; whether you’re in or out of a relationship). We meet every other week (Tues.—summers and holidays off). 85% of the time we discuss dating perspectives/issues. The other 15% we talk about different life issues. This is organized 100% on Facebook. $5.00 per class.
- I’m starting (Aug. 22) a class for couples (the group is called Connecting Couples). This is for married and engaged couples, as well as those in committed, serious relationship moving forward. Our 1st study will be Love and Respect and have that I have MANY other studies we’ll do. This is also organized on Facebook so let me know if you’d like me to add you. $5.00 per person per class.
- SYMBIS Assessment– This is for engaged couples. A survey is administered individually to each person and I will unpack a 15-page report with the couple together. It’s excellent and worth the investment and discussion of each topic.
NEW: If you’re part of a SMALL business (<40 employees) and you’d like to provide coaching for your employees, email me and I’ll send you a proposal. I will throw in ONE FREE speaking engagement to the GROUP if you purchase coaching for your employees and mention this blog.
What are the general differences between therapy and coaching? I’m glad you asked. See if you now understand the difference?
- Assumes the client needs healing.
- Roots in medicine, psychiatry.
- Works with people to achieve self-understanding and emotional healing.
- Focuses on feelings and past events.
- Explores the roots of problems.
- Works to bring unconscious into conscious.
- Works for internal resolution of pain to let go of old patterns.
- Assumes the client is whole.
- Roots in sports, work, family, business and personal growth venues.
- Works to move people to a higher level of functioning/thinking.
- Focuses on actions and the future.
- Focuses on solving problems.
- Works with the conscious mind.
- Works for external solutions to overcome barriers, learn new skills and ways of thinking and implements effective choices.
So, there you have it. Lots to process and you can decide if it’s worth investing in yourself to hire a coach. All my clients have had positive experiences/outcomes. I LOVE my clients and classes.
To find out more, go to http://www.loveandlaughterlifecoaching.com
From my website, you can email, find me on social media!
I love meeting new clients. Even if you’re still not sure, give me a call and we can discuss? If you know of someone else looking for a life coach/relationship coach, feel free to pass this along to them.
Psalm 37:4-14 NIV
4 Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.
7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.
9 For those who are evil will be destroyed, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.
10 A little while, and the wicked will be no more; though you look for them, they will not be found.
11 But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy peace and prosperity.
12The wicked plot against the righteous and gnash their teeth at them;
13 but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming.
14 The wicked draw the sword and bend the bow to bring down the poor and needy, to slay those whose ways are upright.